How we support high school students
UniSQ Early Offer
Student life at UniSQ
Discover uni life beyond the lectures and study. From student clubs and sports to events and support services, find out how you can gain the full uni experience.
Help find their passion
Frequently Asked Questions
UniSQ has various scholarships available for Year 12 students.
UniSQ Academic Excellence Scholarships are automatically awarded to any eligible Year 12 student who puts UniSQ as #1 on their QTAC application and achieve the required ATAR. No application is required and eligible students will automatically receive a scholarship offer.
The Australian Government provides financial assistance to eligible domestic students through the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP). A HELP loan allows you to defer payment of your course fees and Student Amenities fee while you study. HELP loans are repaid through the Australian Taxation Office when your income reaches the compulsory repayment threshold.
HECS-HELP Loans (HECS standing for Higher Education Contribution Scheme) cover the cost of student contributions for students in a Commonwealth supported place.
You are eligible for a HECS-HELP loan if you:
- are an Australian citizen who will undertake at least one unit of study in Australia in a Commonwealth supported place.
- are a Permanent Humanitarian Visa holder who will be resident in Australia for the duration of your unit of study.
- are a New Zealand citizen who holds a Special Category Visa and meets the long term residency requirements.
- meet the genuine student and completion rate requirements (students who commence in a new program from 1 January 2022).
That’s okay! UniSQ can help them get into their desired degree, no matter what their ATAR is – even if they didn’t study for ATAR.
Our free Pathway Programs can help them get into their chosen degree. They can be as short as one semester and can guarantee them entry into most UniSQ degrees.
They can also apply for our UniPrep program which can be undertaken before they start uni. UniPrep involves weekly on-campus workshops during July to September and focuses on developing academic skills before a degree is undertaken, provides a pathway to a wide-range of undergraduate degrees, and supports the transition from school to university.
UniPrep is perfect for those in Year 11 and 12 who:
- want an introduction to how to study at university level
- want to find out more about university to see if it is for them
- fall short of their dream ATAR or didn’t do the subjects needed for their degree of choice and want to go to university
- are unsure if their ATAR will get them into the UniSQ degree they want to study.