- 6 teaching periods or part-time equivalent
- Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Oct
- Designed to prepare you for executive leadership roles, UniSQ’s new accelerated Master of Business Administration (MBA) provides the tools to advance your career while delivering value and innovation to your organisation.
- Study UniSQ’s online MBA in 8-week teaching periods. With six start dates each year, benefit from the convenience of kick-starting your study when it suits you.
- Gain relevant skills with assignments that focus on specific problems, real-life projects, opportunities for collaboration, and no exams.
- Two capstone courses allow you to apply your research and analytical skills to explore mega-trends, technological advances and paradigm shifts at the local and global level that have the potential to impact the future of business.
- The innovative learning structure means it’s one of the quickest MBA degrees on the market.
- UniSQ’s team of lecturers, graphic designers, teaching experts and industry advisors developed MBA courses that are interdisciplinary. This means you’ll graduate with an outcome-focused MBA degree that gives you the knowledge and skills to confidently execute strategic decisions.
- The digital learning journey encompasses learning from lecturers who have real industry experience, coaching calls, podcasts, readings, concepts, and real-world problem solving.
- Expand your strategic thinking capabilities and become ready to transition into executive roles regardless of industry. If you have received feedback that you need to be more strategic or demonstrate how you are strategic then this is the degree for you.
- The UniSQ MBA provides the capabilities and self-development for you to successfully apply for and be a serious contender for senior and executive roles. Be prepared for roles such as: CEO, Senior Executive, COO, CTO, CIO, CMO, and/or CFO.
Find the entry requirements most relevant to you.
- Completion of an Australian university 3-year bachelor degree (AQF Level 7 or recognised equivalent) with a GPA of at least 4.0 out of 7.0, and a minimum of 3 years' full-time relevant professional work experience, post degree, at a management or supervisory level.
For applicants who do not meet the above requirements, UniSQ’s Graduate Certificate of Business Administration provides an articulation pathway into the Master of Business Administration (MBA).
English language requirements
You are required to satisfy the applicable English language requirements and this degree requires a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent. If you do not meet the English language requirements you may apply to study a University-approved English language program.
If you don't meet the entry requirements, we have pathway options available to you.
To complete this degree students must complete 12 units. Most courses (similar to ‘subjects’) are valued at 1 unit. To study full-time you would usually complete 2 units per teaching period.
|Courses to be studied||Units|
Core MBA courses
- Leveraging your leadership identity (compulsory starting course)
- Making decisions strategically
- Analysing business data
- Leading a high-performance culture
- Shaping organisational policy
- Balancing drivers of business performance
- Designing systems for impact
- Communicating strategically
- Mobilising your people
- Leading through a crisis
- Driving growth and innovation
- Dreaming big (capstone course)
Fees and scholarships
Your actual fees may vary depending on the courses you select. We review our fees annually so these may be subject to change.
Approximate annual costs1 for your study (12 units) in this degree are:
Domestic full fee paying
You are responsible for the full cost of your course and are charged a tuition fee.
1 These are indicative annual fees for 2023.
Student services and amenities fees
You may need to pay student services and amenities (SA) fees as part of your course costs.
Loan to help you pay your fees
You may not have to pay your course (subject) fees upfront. FEE-HELP allows you to defer your fees until your income reaches a certain level. Find out if you are eligible for FEE-HELP.
You may also be eligible to receive financial support from Centrelink.
At UniSQ, we offer a range of scholarships to support your success at university. Find a scholarship that works for you.
How to apply
Complete your online application directly to UniSQ.
Select to start your degree in one of the following intakes:
|Intakes||Application closing date||Study period start date||Finish date|
|Block 1||Monday 23 January 2023||Monday 23 January 2023||Friday 3 March 2023|
|Block 2||Monday 20 March 2023||Monday 20 March 2023||Friday 28 April 2023|
|Block 3||Monday 15 May 2023||Monday 15 May 2023||Friday 23 June 2023|
|Block 4||Monday 10 July 2023||Monday 10 July 2023||Friday 18 August 2023|
|Block 5||Monday 4 September 2023||Monday 4 September 2023||Friday 13 October 2023|
|Block 6||Monday 30 October 2023||Monday 30 October 2023||Friday 8 December 2023|
Discover further information on applying to study at UniSQ that is relevant to you.
An MBA, also known as a Master of Business Administration is one of the world’s most recognised degrees.
According to mba.com ‘the MBA gives you fundamental management knowledge, meaning you’ll get a holistic view of business across areas like marketing, finance, and accounting, all while developing those vital soft skills and leadership skills.’
Gaining a Master of Business Administration qualification will not only increase your career prospects but it will expand your business knowledge, preparing you to become a leader and will likely boost your earning potential.
UniSQ’s online MBA provides you with the skills you need to be a strategic business leader who can drive business growth. Become the executive that rises above the noise, faces uncomfortable truths, and motivates your team to get things done.
The time to complete an MBA will vary depending on the education provider you choose.
At UniSQ you can graduate sooner with one of the fastest MBA’s on the market. You can complete an online MBA in 8-week teaching periods, choosing from one of 6 start dates throughout the year.
Studying an MBA in Australia with UniSQ means you’ll gain a practical, outcome-focused qualification to advance your career.
An MBA qualification will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to start your career as an executive or leader.
What you will learn during your MBA studies will vary depending on the education provider you choose, but most MBA’s include courses in accounting, economics, business ethics, marketing, finance, data and organisational behaviour.
At UniSQ, our MBA online focuses on scenario-based learning and real-life projects which means this MBA will help you to fast-track your progression into executive roles. As a UniSQ MBA graduate, you will not only have the skills to lead but also be able to add value and innovate across your organisation.
For further information on our course outcomes and what you will study as part of UniSQ’s online MBA, download our brochure.
Do you want to enhance your business skills, accelerate your career or even start your own business? An MBA might just be the degree for you!
In an increasingly competitive business landscape, an MBA can give you the edge you need to jump from operational management to strategic business leader.
You might want to consider studying an MBA if you:
- are preparing for a career change
- decide to climb the corporate ladder in your current industry
- want to become an entrepreneur and run your own business
- want to increase your earning potential
- value networking and meeting fellow professional
- want to study a degree that fits your goals and ambitions.
At UniSQ, our Master of Business Administration is a transformative journey where you learn to shift your thinking and gain the skills and confidence you need for the business executive world. Discover more about how UniSQ’s MBA can transform your thinking.
We understand everyone has a different journey to uni. That’s why we offer a variety of pathways into MBA study at UniSQ including:
- Graduate Certificate of Business Administration
- Graduate Diploma of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business
Your pathway to university is tailored to your skills, experience and the degree you want to study. Not sure what the right path for you is? Get in touch with us let us find your best pathway option or browse our pathway programs to find out more.
At UniSQ you can gain entry to study and MBA without a Bachelor of Business, however you do need to meet the following criteria:
- Completion of an Australian 3-year bachelor degree and a minimum of 3 years professional business work experience with at least one year of management or supervisory experience.
- Completion of an Australian university Graduate Certificate and at least on year of management or supervisory experience.
Please view the entry requirements section of this page for full details including pathways options.
The cost of an online MBA in Australia will vary depending on the education provider you choose.
When you study an MBA online with us, the cost for your 12 unit study is approximately AUD 38 800 (domestic full fee paying), not including the student service and amenities (SA) fees.
You may not have to pay for your course fees upfront – you may be eligible for FEE-HELP or financial support.
Please view the fees and scholarships section of this page for details.
Take the next steps from operational management to strategic business leader with UniSQ’s MBA.
- Benefit from our innovative learning structure! Study at your own pace with 8-week teaching periods.
- Study 100% online and choose from six different start dates a year allowing you study where and when you want.
- UniSQ’s MBA has industry designed subjects and workplace specific assignments to give you a competitive edge. Plus, no exams so you can focus on what matters.
- With a focus on scenario-based learning and real-life projects, our MBA will provide you with the skills you need to lead, add value and innovate across your organisation.
- UniSQ is rated five out of five stars for postgraduate overall educational experience and student support (Good Universities Guide, 2023).