Armidale - Anaiwan
Hub member: University of New England
The Armidale Node will service specialist livestock and mixed livestock and cropping farmers in the northern half of NSW.
Our aim is to build drought resilience in farming businesses and associated rural communities and agricultural supply chains.
The Node will invest in activities, tools, demonstrations, training and education activities to deliver increased resilience across the region, with a particular focus on;
- drought preparation plans
- increased confidence in using information to make informed decisions at critical points in the climate cycle
- understanding the numbers and the financial implications of different drought management strategies
- matching animal numbers to the feed resources available
- investment in infrastructure to increase drought resilience
- protection of natural capital – soils, water, native vegetation and biodiversity
- improved wellbeing of farming families and their communities.
Node manager: Lu Hogan
Phone: 02 6773 3597
Mobile: 0427 687432
Location: University of New England | 122 Faulkner St, Armidale NSW 2350