- UniSQ's Master of Science (Mathematics and Statistics) is ideal for graduates from any discipline who are looking to develop their mathematics/statistics knowledge and skills. Even if you haven’t studied in some time, this degree will provide you with an in-depth education in mathematical and/or statistical techniques and problem solving skills. The degree is completely available online, but courses are also available on-campus, meeting study requirements for international students.
- Examine the fundamentals of theoretical and applied statistics, mathematical modelling and operations research, and computing and coding skills. This degree incorporates practical methods for undertaking analysis, modelling and evidence-based, data-driven decision-making.
- If you already have a bachelor degree or equivalent experience and are looking to expand your knowledge into the area of maths and statistics, the Master of Science (Mathematics and Statistics) is the degree for you.
- You will have the opportunity to decide between two different pathways of study in your masters degree:
- Research Project track — the Research Project track equips you with research skills and allows you to develop a research thesis through a project in your chosen disciplinary application area.
- Research Training track — the Research Training track allows you to develop your research capability and gain specialised cognitive and technical skills to prepare for a professional career in science.