- Speed up your engineering career opportunities with the Associate Degree of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering). Get hands-on with practical courses, access first-class laboratories and learn highly sought-after skills you’ll need for an in-demand engineering workforce. The Associate Degree of Engineering is not only a steppingstone for you into the engineering profession, but also for further study towards being fully qualified.
- Design the latest in modern mechanical innovations in the automotive, aeronautical, building, power, mining, manufacturing, and public utility industries. Learn to design and develop efficient, reliable and economical products and processes that could make an impact on modern engineering mechanics and machinery.
- Build on your existing knowledge of machinery and mechanical trade, translating practical know-how into physical and mathematical principles, giving you a broad perspective of the entire engineering discipline and its practice.
- Once graduated, tasks within your career may focus on specific elements of larger systems; applying established codes, practices and procedures to manufacture, install, commission and service small and large scale projects involving machines and mechanical systems, such as bulk handling and air-conditioning.
- Do you already hold a Diploma through TAFE, prior studies, or experience through work? You may be able to fast-track your degree.
This degree is a great stepping stone to our Bachelor of Engineering Science where you will be credited for your studies already undertaken in the Associate Degree of Engineering (if studying in the same major).