Inherent requirement statements
• Behavioural stability is required to function and adapt effectively and sensitively in a program of study in allied health.
• Student demonstrates behavioural stability to work constructively in diverse and changing academic and clinical environments, which may at times be challenging and unpredictable.
Justification of inherent requirement:
Behavioural stability is required to work individually and in teams in diverse and changing environments. Client care environments can present complex and unpredictable human situations which students might find are taxing and confronting and will be required to have behavioural stability to manage these events.
Adjustments must support stable, effective and professional behaviour in both academic and clinical environments. Adjustments specific to the individual can be discussed with the Support Equity Officers.
• Reflecting on practice and responding appropriately to constructive feedback
• Coping with own emotions and behaviour effectively when dealing with individuals in the clinical environment
• Works effectively in the face of uncertainty and time pressure and adapts to changing environments with focus and composure