Across each campus, you are able to view room availability online and make one-off or casual room bookings.
Viewing room availability
- Go to Celcat Calendar. When opening the timetable, the current week will usually be displayed.
- Use the <> to move to the required date.
- Select Rooms from the Type field
- Type in the room number in the Resource field ie: T110 (please note that Springfield campus rooms are prefixed with SF_ and Ipswich campus rooms are prefixed with IP_)
- The Event Filter can be used to filter by campus.
- You can change the View by choosing month, week, day or list.
All room booking requests must be sent to email@example.com and must include the following information:
- Room number/s
- Start and End times
- Purpose of the booking
- Contact name and number
Staff members are able to book teaching rooms for non-teaching activities, guest lectures, seminars, and general meetings that are related to the University’s core business.
*Please note, if you require a booking for teaching activities, please contact the Timetabling staff who will facilitate this for you in order for the event to appear on student timetables.
BELA – BELA.Timetabling@usq.edu.au
HESC – HES-CurriculumManagement@usq.edu.au
Students are able to book teaching spaces for course related and group activities. The above booking information is required as well as a student number for the contact person. All booking requirements outside of normal working hours must be accompanied by a completed Risk Management form.
Student Club Bookings
All booking requests for affiliated student groups should be sent to Clubs@usq.edu.au.
Teaching rooms and facilities not being used for timetabled classes can be booked if you are from outside the University, please refer to Facilities Management.
Conditions of booking and room usage
Please read the following conditions of booking and room usage:
- requests will be processed during office hours
- a minimum of 24 hours notice is required prior to the booking time
- you must receive a reply email before your booking is finalised
- students and staff using UniSQ teaching rooms must carry their Student or Staff ID (or photographic identification) at all times, and present this to Security upon request
- when you book a room, it is your responsibility to ensure the room is not left unattended
- please contact UniSQ Security if you finish early or cancel the booking. If Security is not advised, rooms may not be made available to you in the future.
- if special requirements are needed, these must be advised in the booking request. No provision will be made for utensils by Facilities Management
- rooms must be returned to original configuration after use
- any requests for movement of furniture must be made through Facilities Management
- all rooms that have an out-of-hours booking will have a pre and post inspection
Meeting rooms, conference rooms and zoom rooms are booked using Outlook.