Before submitting a request for a Review, it is important that you understand the reasons supporting the Decision that has been made. It is likely the reasons for the Decision will be contained within formal correspondence from UniSQ. If you are not sure of the reasons are, you may seek clarification from the Decision Maker.
Once you know the reasons and/or factors that informed a University Decision or the outcome of a Stage 1 Grievance you may request a Review of the Decision if you remain dissatisfied and can establish appropriate grounds.
Your request for review must be made within 20 University Business Days of being advised of the decision or outcome.
Reviewable decisions include:
- A Decision arising from a Stage 1 Formal Grievance
- A formal decision made by the University where the Policy or Procedure relevant to the original decision provides an option for the decision to be reviewed. For example:
- Denial of admission or readmission to a University program
- Assessment of financial assistance schemes, student and OS-HELP loans, Student fee refunds
- Credit and exemption assessments
- Final grades (must be submitted within 10 University Business Days)
- Requests for International Student transfer between providers
- Disability support or adjustments
- Commonwealth Supported Place eligibility.
Review of Decision requests must detail the reason for the request, which should include:
- Relevant factors that the original decision-maker did not take into account;
- Irrelevant factors that the original decision-maker took into account but should not have;
- Why the original decision was incorrect given the circumstances in which the matter arose;
- Additional relevant information; or
- Procedural errors.
Justification of Grounds for Review:
- It is expected that you reference these grounds in your submission with supporting documentation.
- Where the Student Grievance Resolution Unit considers that your request does not clearly identify the aspects of the Decision which have caused the Student to believe that the Decision should be reviewed, you will be given 10 University Business Days to amend your request.
The UniSQ Student Guild Advocacy Office offers free confidential support for UniSQ students and is able to assist you with the drafting of your review of decision request and ensuring that you have provided all of the necessary documentation.
It’s important to note that some types of reviews have time limits and are processed in line with procedures other than the Student Grievance Resolution Procedure.
This means that the required grounds for review are different to those specified above. If you require advice about these processes, please contact iconnect, or seek assistance from the Student Guild Advocacy office for assistance with your submission:
- Assessment Mark Recheck: The request must be made within 10 University Business Days of receiving the marked Assessment Item. (See section 4.1 of the Assessment Procedure for further information)
- Review of Final Grade: These must be submitted within 10 University business days from the release of the Grade for a course. (See section 4.3.3 of the Grades Procedure for further information)
You can request a review of a decision for Withdrawal without Academic Penalty and Fee Reversal. These applications must be submitted within 28 University business days via the Online Request tile in your Student Centre