- Become a practice-ready graduate practitioner and be a catalyst for change, dedicated to achieving social justice, inclusion and wellbeing.
- Everyone deserves to feel supported and treated fairly. Study UniSQ’s Bachelor of Social Work online and develop the skills you need to help in a time of need - whether it be a personal crisis, concern about a child’s welfare, assisting community groups, or navigating recovery after illness.
- You will build the skills you need to work clinically with individuals and families; co-develop community solutions to address inequalities and structural disadvantage; and advocate for justice through policy and legislative change.
- Are you from a rural, remote or regional area and acknowledge a demand for social workers? Give back to your region and work with community to co-develop strategies and solutions that address that need. Create change in the regions that need it most.
- Within UniSQ’s social work courses you will experience two 500-hour industry-based placements. Typically taken in the later years of your degree, you will be mentored and supervised by an experienced social worker in a chosen field of practice, from domestic and family violence services to schools, or an emergency department in a hospital.
- Extending beyond the delivery of traditional social work, as a UniSQ graduate you will be an excellent communicator, be able to comprehensively assess individual and community needs, problem solve, advocate for human rights and social justice, navigate complex services and systems, and contribute to policy development and evaluation.
After successful completion of the first two years of the Bachelor of Social Work degree, you can apply to study a Bachelor of Social Work (Honours).