It was rapid. It was fire (research).
• PhD student Dinuki Seneviratne has taken out top prize in our Three Minute Thesis competition! Read about her research here.
A #UniSQProud moment.
• Congratulations were in order for Dr Amy Mullens - winner of this year's Women in Technology Awards Inspiring Diversity in STEM Award. The photos, though.
Build it and they will come.
• We introduced the inaugural Clem Jones and Geoff Wright Scholarship for 2023. A huge moment for the future of our surveying students. UniSQNews has more (of course!).
M*A*S*H gets a chortle – literally.
• The Conversation piece of Dr Daryl Sparkes has been flying around the world since its release, this time in the UK’s Chortle.
Early birds get the worms (and degrees, apparently!)
• Malki Seneviratne said it was a no brainer for high-performing Year 12s. You can find out how she and 100s of others are getting a head start on their education here.
When the flowers are just not enough.
• The University of Southern Queensland’s Festival of Astronomy (October 6 to 8) has plenty to send you over the Moon. Find out why we're so excited for it here.
• Speaking of space, the University’s place in propelling Australia’s space industry forward was featured in The Chronicle.
Fixing Australia’s mental health emergency.
• Professor Lorelle Burton’s Conversation article about training more psychologists was also picked up by Yahoo News Australia. Yahoo, indeed.