- Become a social worker in just two years* with UniSQ and embark on a career as a change agent in society. You’ll be prepared to enter an in-demand profession and work with people who are experiencing emotional, social, and economic challenges.
- The Master of Social Work (Qualifying) can be the start of a new career in social work and can build on your existing skills to make a difference in society.
- Develop effective communication, creative thinking, and solution-based skills and get 1000 hours of hands-on experience during field placements to prepare you for professional practice. Graduates can work clinically with individuals and families or in counselling, advocacy, community engagement, disability services, social action, and international development.
- You will be able to practice as a critical ally with marginalised people and communities, and foster cultural safety, be culturally responsive and be able to work alongside First Nations peoples.
- Choose either a professional or research pathway in your final year to tailor the Master of Social Work (Qualifying) to your desired career path.
- The professional pathway is unique to the UniSQ MSW(Q) degree and allows you to select between bespoke social work elective courses to gain deeper knowledge of particular areas of interest.
- The research pathway advances your research capability and involves an independent research project that produces a thesis and the possibility of undertaking a PhD in the future.
* If studying full-time.
Upon successful completion of the UniSQ MSW(Q) degree (Research pathway), you can apply to study a PhD to gain further research experience.