- UniSQ offers Australia’s only 3-year Medical Laboratory Science degree accredited by the Australian Institute of Medical and Clinical Scientists (AIMS).
- With UniSQ, your work integrated learning and clinical placements start with a pre-analytical placement in your first year of study. Clinical placements provide real-world experience in pathology laboratories and opportunities to enhance your employability.
- Through medical laboratory science course work, learn how to examine blood samples to identify different types of anaemia, leukaemia and malaria, as well as how to determine the blood group of a patient requiring a transfusion.
- Develop the specialised skills required to process patient tissue samples for diagnosis of diseases, such as cancer, and determine the compatibility of blood products for patients requiring transfusion.
- Learn how to use state-of-the-art molecular and conventional methods to determine the cause of infectious diseases like pneumonia and meningitis, and blood and surgical wound infections.