News, news, news.
Starting the week off right with some great student articles sprinkled across the Australian media landscape.
- A story on WH Groom Scholarship recipient Cayleb Fidge in The Chronicle.
- First-year aviation student James Field (also) in The Chronicle.
- A brilliant, brilliant feature on graduate Ross Dagan who works for CBS in New York via the Longreach Leader.
Educators reap national recognition.
- Was a case of top of the class for four of our researchers – awarded Australian Awards for University Teaching. Read this A+ story.
Not sure if you’ve heard… but we’ve got a twinkle in our eye.
- Did you know that we’re helping lead the Twinkle Mission, unravelling the story of planets within our galaxy. A great watch via ABC News.
At the end of the day, it’s all physics.
- When astrophysicists George Zhou and Chelsea Huang decided to look to the stars for a future career, they found more than just faraway worlds... they found each other. The article quickly shot for the stars, becoming our best performing article of the year so far.
She is the moment.
- Head of School and Dean (Business) Professor Lan Snell proved that it is just another day, another achievement – elected to represent the collective voice of all Australian university business schools on the Business Deans Executive Committee.
Starlight, Fulbright. A new star in the Florida (and Louisiana and Georgia!) skies tonight.
- Associate Professor Troy Jensen will head to the United States to investigate new farming techniques as part of the prestigious Australian-American Fulbright Commission scholarships.
- We're helping the United Nations ensure the next generation of wildlife science professionals assist vulnerable wildlife and ongoing conservation, with this video highlighting its importance on our social channels.
First stop: University of Southern Queensland’s biomedical degree.
- For Toowoomba’s Aaron Palmer, it was altruism that drove his dream of becoming a doctor. And there was one place he knew that could help him take the first step. Read the inspiring article.