If you haven't already downloaded the Guardian Browser, you will need to do this now. Both Mac and Windows options are available.
Note: Computers or laptops belonging to your place of employment may have restrictions like firewalls and anti-virus software that prevent you from downloading the Guardian Browser. To install the Browser, you will need administrative rights to your device.
Once downloaded, open the browser, and follow the steps below:
- In the search bar of the browser enter www.unisq.edu.au to open the UniSQ website
- Log into UConnect with your UniSQ Username and Password NOTE: You will need to enter your credentials. Saved passwords are not accessible in the Guardian Browser
- Open a new tab. In the search bar of the browser enter usq.au.panopto.com to open the UniSQ Panopto home page
- If prompted, log into Panopto with your UniSQ Username and Password, or you may be logged in automatically through single sign on. NOTE: Ensure you stayed logged into Panopto and keep this tab open for the duration of your invigilated assessment.
- Click on 'StudyDesk'
- Navigate to your course StudyDesk Assessment section for your Practice Assessment/Quiz/Examination link
- Log into your ProctorU account using the single sign on (SSO) link provided above your Practice Assessment/Quiz/Examination link. NOTE: If this is the first time you have used the single sign on function to log into ProctorU, you will be prompted to complete your account registration.
- Complete the ProctorU system and identity checks
- Preview/Share your webcam and screen for ProctorU recording for the duration of your assessment
- Click the Start Attempt button to start the assessment
Your Practice Assessment/Quiz/Examination should now commence.
If this does not occur, check that you are using the Guardian browser. Your computer settings may have opened your default browser.
NOTE: Lack of administrative rights to your device, or antivirus software installed may also prevent you from connecting to ProctorU. If you are using a work device or run sophisticated protection software/programs, you will need to work with UniSQ, ProctorU and your workplace ICT to resolve any issues. We do however recommend using a personal device to avoid these barriers.
Support is available during the Final Assessment Period
UniSQ: If you are having issues connecting to ProctorU or you have lost your access to the internet, you can contact Assessment Support.
For urgent enquiries phone:
Ph: +61 7 4631 2285
Ph: 1800 007 252 (within Australia only)
Other enquiries: For general or non-urgent queries please phone during business hours or email email@example.com and one of our team will respond as soon as possible.
ProctorU: The Guardian Browser has a support button in the top left-hand corner. Follow the prompts to be connected with an operator. If you cannot contact ProctorU via chat due to losing your internet connection, you can contact them by telephone: +61 (1800) 957152.