Multicultural Staff Network
The Multicultural Staff Network enhances the cultural diversity at UniSQ through promotion of understanding; respect for different cultures, internationalisation, and multiculturalism.
Other objectives of the staff network include to:
- enhance the cultural diversity at UniSQ through promotion of understanding; respect for different cultures, internationalisation, and multiculturalism.
- actively assist in and monitor the implementation of equal opportunity and anti-discrimination laws, regulations and policies, especially the Multiculturalism Policy and Procedure.
- ensure that staff members of non-English speaking background are represented in decision making processes, including selection, promotion and staff development.
- utilise the expertise, languages, cultural backgrounds and other skills of its membership for the benefit of UniSQ and the wider community.
- encourage research investigations and other academic activities in the area of multiculturalism.
- liaise with the international students' organisations and provide support for the international students and students of non-English speaking background.
- promote multiculturalism within the University and broader community.
- assist with organising international programs such as conferences, seminars, lectures and other activities.
- UniSQ celebrates International Mother Language Day, which took place on Monday 24 and Tuesday 25, February 2020.
- Cultural diversity seminar: Challenges of Multiculturalism in 21st Century Australia – The Role of Local, State and National Leadership - Monday 04 February 2019.
- International Symposium on Multiculturalism in Contemporary World: Sociological and Religious Perspectives:
- Professor Shahjahan Khan (former MSN Chair) was guest speaker, representing the Network, and co-organiser of the symposium at the International Islamic University of Malaysia (IIMU) on 28 August 2019.
- Refer to the International Symposium Report (DOC 15KB) for additional information.