- UniPrep is a pathway into university study for high school students and focuses on developing academic skills to prepare you for success in undergraduate degrees. It provides a pathway to a wide-range of undergraduate degrees and supports the transition from school to university.
- UniPrep is perfect for you if you are in Year 11 or Year 12 and:
- want to gain entry to a degree program at UniSQ
- want an introduction to how to study at university level
- want to find out more about university to see if it is for you
- you fall short of your dream ATAR or didn’t do the subjects needed for your degree of choice and want to go to university
- are unsure if your ATAR will get you into the UniSQ degree you want to study.
- This is a free program for Year 11 and 12 students who are Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens residing in Australia, or a Permanent Humanitarian Visa holder.
- UniPrep involves workshops at either UniSQ Toowoomba, Springfield, or Ipswich campus during July - September, as well as some additional online activities. You will complete one course (subject) especially designed to help you transition into university studies. This includes critical thinking and writing, numeracy and study skills.
- Successful completion of UniPrep provides you with the English subject pre-requisite required for UniSQ degrees and ensures you are eligible to apply for a range of specified UniSQ undergraduate degrees.
- This program is funded through the Australian government’s Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program to promote equality of opportunity in higher education to people from a low socio-economic background, regional and remote areas and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
This pathway program aims to prepare you for entry to a uni degree. But what if you’re not quite ready for a bachelor degree, or want a qualification sooner? Our Certificate of University Studies (4 courses) or Diploma of University Studies (8 courses) are the perfect next steps on your university journey.