- This degree is ideal to advance your engineering career if you hold a 3-year engineering degree but have no work experience.
- Throughout the degree there is an emphasis on practical experience and preparing you thoroughly for the engineering profession.
- Gain an understanding of the mechanics and technology of fibre composites, advanced applications of structural design and analysis, as well as the stability analysis of soil and concrete.
- In addition to the hands-on laboratory sessions and 60 days industry experience, you will complete a research project and dissertation applying all your formal knowledge to a real world problem. Whether this is permanent affordable housing for developing countries or performance testing of concrete, your project will provide insight to the profession of a Structural Engineer.
- The research project and dissertation can also be a stepping stone to further research degrees, such as PhD.