- Embark on a rewarding career to help individuals navigate challenges, improve mental health, and enhance their overall well-being.
- Upskill to an advanced level in various specialist counselling areas, as well as research principles and methods.
- Tailor your study and select different specialisations depending on your experience or interests. UniSQ is one of only a few universities that allows you to specialise in your counselling masters degree.
- The Master of Counselling (Qualifying) pathway enables you to apply for registration as a counsellor with the Australian Counselling Association (ACA) and the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA). You can choose to specialise in Foundation of Practice; Addiction; Child, Youth & Family Therapy; Mental Health Counselling; or Trauma-Focused Practice.
- The Master of Counselling (Advanced Entry) is designed for registered professionals in counselling or other allied mental health disciplines who wish to extend their professional skills. Studying this pathway doesn’t require you to undertake foundational courses with residential schools, or a practicum. This pathway does not lead to registration as a counsellor.
- The Master of Counselling includes two research options – a Research Project option that involves completion of a full research project, or a Capstone Project option, that includes completion of a smaller piece of research. Graduates who have completed a research project within this degree may be eligible to apply for a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
- You’ll study the main course load online and gain practical experience through on-campus residential school courses and clinical placements. For Advanced Entry students the practical experience is included only if you select to study the foundation courses.
- Develop your applied skills further utilising our telehealth system simulations and working with the community and alongside clinical supervisors in UniSQ's Psychology and Counselling clinics in Toowoomba and Ipswich.
- After two years of full-time study with UniSQ, you’ll be workplace-ready and gain an additional Graduate Diploma of Counselling qualification as an embedded award in the Master of Counselling.