- Discover the wonder of the human body and unlock countless career paths, which can be studied using a combination of online, external and on campus study modes to suit your lifestyle and career goals.
- Study human anatomy and physiology, microbiology, immunology, pharmacology, genetics, cell and molecular biology, nutrition and biochemistry through engaging courses with practical applications using both workplace and university laboratory research opportunities.
- Become proficient in biomedical science laboratory techniques and find solutions to authentic medical problems with over 200 hours of laboratory-based experiences as well as opportunities to undertake external work placements.
- This degree is a perfect stepping stone for students wanting to undertake the Graduate Medical School Admissions Test (GAMSAT); it also provides the knowledge and skills to enter professional courses such as medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, physiotherapy and veterinary science, or for further study in research higher degrees such as Honours, PhD and Masters programs.
- Eligible Year 12 students can apply for the Medicine Pathway of this degree, where successful graduates can gain direct entry into UQ's Doctor of Medicine (MD) and pursue a career as a medical doctor.