- Are you driven to make a difference with a career in medicine? UniSQ’s Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences (Medicine Pathway) prepares you for a rewarding study journey and for the Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree.
- Upon successful completion of the degree within three years and with a minimum Grade Point Average of 5.0, you will gain direct entry into the University of Queensland’s (UQ) MD, delivered by the UQ Rural Clinical School, Toowoomba.
- The Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences (Medicine Pathway) is part of the Darling Downs South West Medical Pathway, a collaboration between University of Southern Queensland, The University of Queensland, Darling Downs Health and South West Hospital and Health Service. The goal of the collaboration is to provide end to end medical training in the Darling Downs and South West regions to enhance our rural, regional and remote medical workforce.
- Your studies in the Medicine Pathway covers knowledge and skills in human anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, biochemistry of nutrition, cell and molecular biology as well as cross-cultural and Indigenous psychology.
- Choose from one or two minors in pathology, haematology, microbiology and immunology, clinical chemistry, psychology, Indigenous studies, food and nutrition, molecular methods, and many more.
- Gain practical laboratory and technical skills that will allow you to understand complex scientific principles and apply these in your future medical career.
- Have the opportunity to participate in undergraduate research experiences and/or undertake a semester abroad as an exchange student.
- Benefit from the practical experience of a two-week placement in a rural or regional community setting in Queensland, where you will learn from medical and healthcare staff and enhance your research and communication skills.
Once you have successfully completed the Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences (Medicine Pathway) with a minimum GPA of 5.0, you will be eligible to enrol in UQ's MD degree. If you are unable to maintain the necessary GPA to transfer to the MD, you can use the credit from completed courses towards the Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences.