Bachelor of Aviation overview
- USQ's Bachelor of Aviation allows you to prepare for a career in an exciting and fast-paced industry, with the option to take various study paths depending on your interest area. Kickstart your career in the skies and train to become a pilot by undertaking our Flight Operations major. Or be in the heart of the action by exploring an exciting ground breaking role with our Aviation Management major.
- From the onset, you’ll undertake aviation specific courses and have the opportunity to study areas such as aviation safety systems, human performance in aviation, aviation business and aircraft operations.
- Students undertaking the Flight Operations path will gain professional pilot qualifications issued by the Australian Civil Aviation Safety Authority.
- Our professional development program forms part of each of your university courses and you will receive credit towards your degree.
- You will learn from current and former airline, military and instructor pilots, and aviation managers who are not only highly-acclaimed academics but professionals in the aviation field.
- See and experience the aviation industry first-hand by flying in our world-class flight simulators in your first year of study! The first of their kind in Queensland, USQ’s simulators are designs based on Boeing 737 and Airbus A320 aircrafts. These simulators are able to replicate an entire flight, both normal and abnormal scenarios, while completing checks and procedures just like airline pilots do.
- Have the opportunity to be considered for the Qantas Group Future Pilot Program, with access to experienced pilots during your degree. Selected students will be invited to complete an intensive twelve week Airline Transition Course. Upon successful course completion, graduates will transition to employment with QantasLink and complete their training under the supervision of QantasLink’s experienced training team and become qualified as First Officers flying the airline’s Dash 8 200/300 or Q400 fleet. To be eligible to be considered for the program, students need to hold a GPA of 4.0 or above for the duration of their studies, and Australian work rights.