What does a Finance Manager do?
Finance Managers are often part of the action, helping to inform the direction of the organisation by using financial analysis to advise management. Finance Manager jobs often involve thinking strategically about opportunities to increase revenue while mitigating potential risks. Generating reports, managing budgets and auditing systems all come with the territory when working in finance management. You may also be responsible for developing long-term business plans, analysing market trends, or supervising accounting and payroll professionals.
Is a career as a Finance Manager right for me?
If you love numbers and enjoy thinking strategically, a career in finance may be right for you. Other skills and attributes beneficial for this role include:
- strong attention to detail
- an ability to meet deadlines
- good communication skills
- excellent problem-solving abilities
- a proficiency with technology and learning new software
- an inquisitive and proactive nature
- the ability to work as part of a team.
How to become a Finance Manager
Every journey to study is individual and there are several paths to reaching your finance career goals. At UniSQ, we offer the following degrees in the area of finance: