A digital copy of a physical book or journal can be added to Course Readings. The following copyright limits apply:
- Books: The Library can copy 10% of the total pages or 1 chapter, whichever is greater.
- Articles: One (1) article from a journal or periodical can be used, or more if the articles are on the same subject.
If the digitisation request exceeds these limits, the request will be rejected by the Library.
To request a digitisation:
- find the title in Library Search and add the physical copy to your Reading List
- from the Reading List, click on the title
- scroll down to 'Requests' and choose 'Digital Request'
- enter the chapter number or page range and submit the request.
- The digital request has been created and sent to the Library for processing.