It's news time!
When your (stellar) news makes it all the way to South Africa…
- Professor Jonti Horner’s was featured via MSN South Africa – talking alien worlds and planets orbiting distant stars?
Whoosh… it’s time for some breathtaking research!
- Germany-based Renewable Carbon shared news of Dr Lei Ge’s funding to explore carbon dioxide as a viable renewable carbon resource. Check it out!
How’s this for a ‘totally wild’ moment?
- Our wildlife management students headed on a (field) trip to the wild side to get hands-on with nature. Check out the footage!
A mid-week space moment.
Jupiter hasn’t been this close to Earth in 60 years!
- Professor Jonti Horner gave us all the intel about how we can see it in Australia, via India’s WION and MSN Australia. And, believe it or not, in a fashion magazine too… Harper’s BAZAAR (bizarre, right!).
Now switching focus to asteroids…
- NASA successfully launched its DART Mission to learn more about planetary defence. Professor Jonti Horner was, again, on call to give us all the tea. Read more via Space Australia, ABC News, and Netherlands’ Scientias. He was also featured on the airwaves via ABC Brisbane and ABC Sydney.
A poet… and she does know it!
- Debbie Lim (and her lyrical Riff, ‘The Process’) took out this year’s Bruce Dawe Poetry Prize. Read it… now! Her entry was one of 1836 from 737 poets – a record number since the inception of the prize in 1999!
It’s Dr Siqi Huo’s world, we’re just living in it.
- His research into a new class of epoxy resins was featured in CompositesWorld (get it…?).
Our telescopes are certainly hitting the (Den)mark.
- Why? Because we’re stargazing in Denmark, via Australia! Find out how.