Started the week with… not one, not two, but THREE Campus Review headlines.
Deep space (chat).
- Professor Jonti Horner was quotes in a CNet article talking about the truth seeming to be that it’s not aliens phoning in from across the cosmos… it’s us.
- There was an article in Aviation Australia about our rocket scientists’ involvement in an airborne mission above Texas which captured data from a meteor shower (that will have a significant impact on space science, no less!). And for good measure, the story also appeared in Space Connect.
Winter Solstice… was here.
- Our experts were featured in The Chronicle talking about the shortest day (and the longest night) of the year.
Student Experience Day (One).
- The experience of all experiences for high school students kicked off in Toowoomba and the highlights were featured via our social media channels.
Student Experience Day (Two).
- Cut to our Ipswich campus for another day of fun! A hype reel of footage was compiled to showcase the vibe.
Student Experience Day (Three).
- And last but not least, sunny Springfield. A collection of the best photos from the day were featured in an album.
Pooch power (literally).
- Our researchers have found that pets (dogs specifically) may very well be the ideal therapy partner. A pawfect Friday media share via Local Ipswich News. Read all about it!
Early childhood reforms.
- Dr Alice Brown from our School of Education spoke live on ABC Brisbane about the move to add an extra year of schooling in New South Wales. She was also heard across the NewsTalk4BC airwaves – definitely worth a listen if you’ve got a spare couple of minutes!
We’re live from UniSQNews(room) with this week’s headlines.