What is UniSQ's Online Career Fair?
UniSQ's Online Career Fair has been designed to promote graduate, internship, vacation work and work experience opportunities to our students and recent graduates. The event connects employers to UniSQ students in a virtual environment, replacing a traditional on-campus career fair this functionality still has all the perks of meeting and interacting with UniSQ students and graduates.
On 12 March 2020 from 10am - 1pm (AEST), representatives from your organisation will be able to login to their virtual booth to live chat (through text, audio or video) with UniSQ students and graduates.
What is the cost?
Participation in the Online Career Fair is free.
To support our valued employer connections UniSQ covers the costs involved in the Online Career Fair allowing employers to participate for free.
What would we require from you as a participant?
If you are chosen to hold a virtual booth we would require you to:
- Supply content for your booth by the specified date in February. This will include:
- Your company profile
- Your logo and at least three images to use in display on your virtual booth
- Current job, graduate, intern or work experience opportunities/vacancies.
- Any additional links to promotional videos, websites, social media accounts, or other marketing material including flyers and ebooks.
- To be available and participate in the live chat with students from 10am - 1pm, 12 March (AEST).
Your virtual booth will be available to students from 9 - 13 March, however you are only required to staff your booth during the Live Chat period (10am - 1pm, 12 March).
What does the Online Career Fair platform look like?
We are working on the 2020 platform, in the meantime, here are some screenshots of the platform from 2018 VFair:
The Conference Hall:
Career Insights Conference
Tailored design using the
What developments have been made since the 2018/2019 events?
From feedback provided from past participants, there have been a number of improvements made to the platform and the event, these include:
- Adding a filtering option for students to filter to the booths that match their discipline of study.
- Due to an earlier notice of funding we have been able to allocate more time towards promoting the event to students and academics.
- The technical difficulties that occurred with the chat function have been resolved.
- The event has been opened to internship and graduate opportunities, which students will also be able to filter by.
What support is available during the Online Career Fair chat period (12 March, 10am - 1pm AEST)?
The UniSQ Careers and Employability team will be available to provide assistance during the lead up and at the time of the event. The contact details will be provided closer to the event but will also be made available here.
An Exhibitor Guide is available and this will be updated with more specific information when Expressions of Interest close.