- UniSQ’s Bachelor of Information Technology (Information Technology Management) is a career-oriented degree designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge you will need to work in ICT - a sector worth 4.6% of Australia’s GDP.
- You will start your specialisation in your first year and have numerous opportunities to put your learning into practice through an industry-based learning experience or project.
- You also have the option to choose a second major from a range of business, commerce and science courses to shape the career you want and to strengthen your position.
- The use of information technology in the success of a business is varied, from electronic commerce, database design and implementation, security, network management, service management and enterprise resource systems.
- Australia’s ICT sector is primarily focused on providing computer and telecommunication services, as well as hardware sales and service. The emphasis of this specialisation will give you the skills and knowledge to solve business problems using information technology. You will be the person who runs projects, manages staff, and uses your IT knowledge to improve the success of the business.
- Through your studies you will learn the skills and knowledge to help you seek industry certification such as ITIL4 (standard for IT service management) and CompTIA Security+ (standard of IT security).