ARC Discovery Project Funded PhD Scholarship
This ARC Discover Project aims to investigate privacy preservation protocols in a 5G integrated IoT environment through an analysis of the depth of smart-device use in common smart domains. 5G’s addition to IoT-based smart devices will be effectively deployed and utilised by a large majority of individual and organisation-based users. The knowledge-based ontology and tools developed in the project will help form the new privacy preservation mechanisms that are required for the 5G enabled environment. The construction of new AI-based tools and testing facilities as well as the generation of new knowledge in the field of privacy preservation and collaboration between universities are expected outcomes of this project.
To be eligible applicants must:
- have completed a research-based postgraduate qualification in a discipline related to the project (e.g. Information Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Computer Science, Electronical Engineering (major in Wireless Communications) or Computational Mathematics);
- ideally be either an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- be eligible to be enrolled in full-time on-campus;
- not be in receipt of similar funding from the Australian Government.
- be native English speakers and/or meet UniSQ’s English Language Requirements for International applicants
- commence the PhD program in 2022.
- Have a strong academic record and hold a qualification equal to an Australian research postgraduate degree (Research Master or Honours);
- Have completed study and/or other experience in the topic discipline
- Be enthusiastic and highly motivated;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good standing conference/journal publications in the topic areas
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and their CV to Prof Jianming Yong or Associate Professor Xiaohui Tao by email.
They should also have the following documents in preparation to be submitted:
- Preliminary Research Thesis Topic Proposal (DOC 53KB).
- Education qualifications (testamur and academic transcripts for all undergraduate and postgraduate awards);
- List of any research presentations and/or publications
- Documentation confirming citizenship.