The Cisco Networking Academy at the University of Southern Queensland (UniSQ) serves the south west region of Queensland. CCNA provides a comprehensive coverage of networking from fundamentals to advanced applications, based on a top-down approach to learning that emphasizes theoretical concepts and practical application.
CCNA is designed for IT professionals and university students who have advanced problem solving and analytical skills. CCNA also offers in-depth theory, challenging labs, and a detailed overview of protocol operations. It helps students prepare for or advance successful IT careers in small-medium business, as well as enterprise and service provider environments.
What do I study?
There are four CCNA courses:
- Introduction to Networks
- Routing and Switching Essentials
- Scaling Networks
- Connecting Networks.
For UniSQ students, the Cisco CCNA training is offered in parallel with UniSQ Information Technology courses CSC3407 Network Fundamentals and Routing (in Semester 1) and CSC3427 Switching, Wireless and WAN Technologies (in Semester 2).
What are the benefits?
- Multi-media web-based delivery that supports student-centred learning.
- Hands-on training that develops problem solving skills.
- Globally recognised industry-standard certification.
- An international passport to a well-paid career.
How do I study?
Cisco CCNA courses will commence simultaneously with UniSQ's Semester 1.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
Students attend lectures (non-compulsory) and Cisco course lab practicals (compulsory). Times may be negotiated depending on demand.
How do I apply?
- AUD 2200 for the first two Cisco CCNA courses, to be paid upfront at the beginning of Semester 1. If you are also enrolled in CSC3407, you only have to pay AUD 250.
- AUD 1800 for the last two Cisco CCNA courses to be paid upfront at the beginning of Semester 2. If you are also enrolled in CSC3427, you only have to pay AUD 250.