- Ideal if you hold a 3 year engineering degree but have no work experience.
- Throughout the degree there is an emphasis on practical experience and preparing you thoroughly for the engineering profession.
- Gain an understanding of public health engineering, environmental problem solving, soil science and the treatment of solid and liquid waste.
- In addition to the hands-on laboratory sessions and 60 days industry experience, you will complete a research project and dissertation applying all your formal knowledge to a real world problem. Whether this is the cleaning of contaminated industrial land or waste treatment and recycling, your project will provide insight to the profession of an Environmental Engineer.
- The research project and dissertation can also be a stepping stone to further research degrees, such as PhD.
Master of Professional Engineering graduates are eligible to be considered for higher research degrees such as the Master of Research or PhD studies.