- Specialise in supporting those with mental health conditions. Develop your expertise in topics including mental health paradigms, psychological disorders, their aetiology, evidence-based treatment approaches, and assessment models.
- This is a qualifying specialisation – students from a non-counselling background can study this postgraduate counselling degree. Graduates of this specialisation meet the educational requirements for entry into the counselling profession.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the context of mental health practice and study the theories, legislation, policies and standards that underpin mental health practice in Australia.
- This degree provides you with the opportunity to undertake a substantial research project or choose to do a smaller capstone project to further your research skills.
- You can study the Master of Counselling online to fit study into your life.
- To enhance your practice, you’ll attend mandatory residential schools at UniSQ Ipswich campus to meet the required number of hours of face-to-face instruction.