- Personalise your master’s degree and select courses from different specialisations to suit your counselling goals. This specialisation is perfect for those who want to gain knowledge in a range of counselling areas.
- This is a qualifying specialisation – students from a non-counselling background can study this postgraduate counselling degree. Graduates of this specialisation meet the educational requirements for entry into the counselling profession.
- Study counselling frameworks, professional practice and ethics, and counselling assessment and interventions.
- The Foundations of Practice specialisation provides you with the maximum choice to customise your training. You can choose 3 courses from a wide range of approved subjects from across the specialisation.
- The Master of Counselling degree allows you to undertake a substantial research project or choose to do a smaller capstone project to further your research skills.
- To enhance your practice, you’ll attend mandatory residential schools at UniSQ Ipswich campus to meet the required number of hours of face-to-face instruction.
- Develop your applied skills further utilising our telehealth system simulations and working with the community and alongside clinical supervisors in UniSQ's Psychology and Counselling clinics in Toowoomba and Ipswich.