- The Graduate Diploma of Science (Applied Data Science) aims to prepare graduates to work in the relatively new and diverse field of Data Science aka ‘Big Data’.
- Big data focuses on understanding and overcoming the challenges associated with capturing, storing, transferring, searching, sorting out and interpreting large amounts of data in an increasingly technologically reliant world.
- With continual advances in technology, skills in this field are a vital to the world of modern day data intelligence.
- You will acquire advanced theoretical and technical knowledge of data science and develop skills in the areas of computing technology, machine learning, mathematics, statistics, databases as well as relevant application areas.
- Upon completion you will be able to critically analyse and solve complex problems in sciences as well as interpret and reflect on ethical and professional practices of the specialisation.
This qualification is also ideal for those wishing to move into further study. Upon successful completion of the Graduate Diploma of Science, students have the potential to move into the Master of Science coursework degree or the Master of Research if they meet other requirements for entry.