In Semester 3 2023, UniSQ will offer a number of Clinical Placement Bursaries for Nursing and Midwifery, to support students attending rural or remote clinical placements away from their principal place of residence, and regional students attending placements in large metropolitan hospital.
The bursary will have a maximum value of up to $500 to be paid in one instalment.
- be a domestic student (e.g., Australian citizen, permanent resident, permanent humanitarian visa holder, New Zealand citizen); or
- be an International on-campus student
- be enrolled at UniSQ in the Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Midwifery programs
- have, as at the bursary closing date, successfully completed a minimum of:
- 8 courses (or hold equivalent exemptions) within the Bachelor of Nursing (BNUR); or
- 4 courses (or hold equivalent exemptions) within the Bachelor of Midwifery (BMID)
- be enrolled in a course for which clinical placement attendance is compulsory; and
- have been allocated a clinical placement prior to the bursary closing date in the study period of application (Semester 3 2023)
- be undertaking a clinical placement that is located more than 100km away from their principal place of residence and/or study term address
- have not already been awarded two (2) Clinical Placement Bursaries during their degree program (additional bursaries may be awarded in exceptional circumstances)
- be experiencing financial need
- Submit a statement of claim (500 words maximum) outlining:
- why it is difficult for you to afford a clinical placement more than 100 kilometres from your principal place of residence and/or study term address.
- Provide documentation to demonstrate financial need for at least one of the following criteria:
- you will incur additional costs in order to attend the clinical placement (e.g. maintaining rent/board for permanent residence as well as for placement, fuel, childcare etc.)
- you must take “Leave without pay” from your paid employment in order to attend the clinical placement
- to show you are not eligible to access financial support available for travel/accommodation (e.g. ABStudy, employer support or other scholarship)
- other factors causing financial hardship e.g., full fee-paying international student, disability, family or carer responsibilities, OR
- you are in receipt of a Centrelink Income Support payment (e.g. Youth Allowance, Austudy, Parenting Payment)
Applicants must not be in receipt of remuneration from the placement agency/site, nor supported by another Rural or Remote Clinical Placement Scholarship.
*Preference will be given to students attending a placement in a rural or remote region and travelling more than 250km from their principal place of residence and/or study term address.
Monday 20 November 2023 at 11.59pm (AEST)
University of Southern Queensland
Phone: 1800 269 500
UniSQ reserves the right to alter the conditions of the scholarship/bursary based upon exceptional circumstances. UniSQ reserves the right to not award the scholarship/bursary in a given year.