ARC Linkage Project Funded PhD Scholarship
This ARC Linkage project investigates the provision of a blockchain-based solution for protecting the intellectual property and provenance of visual art, and ways to empower its economic, cultural, and social value and benefits. Building on interdisciplinary synergies between creative and IT practices, we will interrogate the efficacy, risks and governance surrounding this global technology, and produce vital new knowledge for engaging with risks and opportunities in the digital economy.
To be eligible applicants must:
- have completed a research-based postgraduate qualification in a discipline related to the project (e.g. Information Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Computer Science, Computational Mathematics);
- ideally be either an Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- be eligible to be enrolled in full-time on-campus;
- not be in receipt of similar funding from the Australian Government;
- be native English speakers and/or meet UniSQ’s English Language Requirements for International applicants;
- commence the PhD program in 2023.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a strong academic record and hold a qualification equal to an Australian research postgraduate degree (Research Master or Honours);
- Have completed study and/or other experience in the topic discipline;
- Be enthusiastic and highly motivated;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Have good standing conference/journal publications in the topic areas.
To apply, please ensure you have digital copies of the below information:
- Curriculum vitae; encompassing any research presentations and/or publications;
- Preliminary Research Thesis Topic Proposal (DOTX 153KB), to be completed with contact Prof Jianming Yong or Dr Mahdi Fahmideh;
- Education qualifications (testamur and academic transcripts for all undergraduate and postgraduate awards;
- Application must be made via the UniSQ Scholarship Application Management System by the closing date;
- If you require assistance in completing your application please download the Scholarship Online Application Manual (PDF 2.14MB).
Closing Date: 30 June 2023
Further information about this scholarship can be obtained from Prof Jianming Yong or Dr Mahdi Fahmideh.