Student Publication Excellence Awards
The winners of the 2022 HDR Student Publication Excellence Awards for journal articles published in 2021 were finalised in early March 2022. The Graduate Research School is delighted to announce the winners.
The winner is India Bryce for an article titled ‘A Systematic Literature Review of the Career Choice of Helping Professionals Who Have Experienced Cumulative Harm as a Result of Adverse Childhood Experiences’ in Trauma, Violence & Abuse. India wins an award of $1000 to be used for research-related activities.
1st Runner up is Susan Abel for an article titled ‘Social Media, Rituals, and Long-Distance Family Relationship Maintenance: A Mixed-Methods Systematic Review’ in New Media and Society. Susan wins an award of $500 to be used for research-related activities.
2nd runner up is Siddique Latif for an article titled ‘Survey of Deep Representation Learning for Speech Emotion Recognition’ in IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing. Siddique wins an award of $250 to be used for research-related activities.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Awards are open to all UniSQ Higher Degree by Research students, current on date of applying for the award.
- Article must have been published in electronic or print format during 2021.
- Article must include a UniSQ by-line and be recognised by the ERA 2018 Submission Guidelines as a journal article
- The student must be first author.
- Applicants with multiple papers during a publication period should submit the paper with the highest SNIP, as only one article will be accepted per period.
- SNIP values are used to determine rankings.
- A UniSQ Higher Degree by Research student may win only one award per year.
- Supervisors may be co-authors on more than one winning article.
An award Certificate plus
- $1000 for the Winner
- $500 1st Runner Up
- $250 2nd Runner Up
Prize money to be spent on research-related activities during 2022.
Applications open on 8 February 2022 and close on 28 February 2022.
Applications are in the form of an email sent to ReDTrain with "Student Publication Excellence Award" in the subject heading field. Applicants must attach an electronic copy of their research paper.