This webinar is open to all researchers of institutions in Australia and New Zealand that are participating in the Wiley - Council of Australian University Librarians (CAUL) agreement. For more information on the Wiley-CAUL agreement, go to https://authorservices.wiley.com/author-resources/Journal-Authors/open-access/affiliation-policies-payments/caul-agreement.html.
Presenter: Alison Bell, Journal Publishing Manager
Alison is a Journal Publishing Manager in Wiley’s Melbourne office, and oversees journals on the Health Sciences list for the APAC region. Alison manages the business aspects of the list, directs journal strategy, and provides guidance on best practice, while also keeping Wiley’s society clients up-to-date on the trends and developments in scholarly publishing. Through a long career at Wiley, Alison also has experience with the end-to-end submission to publication processes, author services and resources, ethical publishing practices and the emerging open access market.
Tips for successful publishing
• Preparing your manuscript, selecting a journal and submitting a paper
• What the peer review and production processes entail
• Author resources we offer to support them through the publication process
• Publication ethics
Open access publishing
• An introduction to the open access publishing landscape in Australia and New Zealand: Transformational deals, and what these mean for authors
• Wiley Author Services workflow for researchers when submitting open access Article Publication Charge (APC) coverage request to participating CAUL institutions as part of the agreement
• A look at other Open Research tools
There will be time set aside for a question-and-answer segment at the end of the session.