No, really… we’re not kidding.
We’re a Trailblazer in space research.
- We were named one of Australia’s Trailblazer Universities to accelerate growth in space manufacturing and lead a new research hub of national priority. The announcement received extensive national, industry and social media coverage. A very exciting day for the University, indeed.
Sparking ‘The Conversation’.
- Dr Jess Carniel wrote an article for The Conversation about Ukraine’s Eurovision win… and whether it shows us that despite arguments to the contrary, the contest has always been political.
Powdery mildew… be gone!
- Our researchers are working to implement a new app to prevent mungbean crop disease. More about how we’re controlling some of the most significant crop diseases via UniSQ News.
What made Uranus the most unique of all the planets in our solar system?
- We’re not sure… but Professor Jonti Horner (as always) is. And apparently, the planet was almost called George. Listen via ABC Online.
Are we in for a rare ‘triple-dip’ La Nina?
Refurbishment a work of art.
- One of the most iconic buildings at our Toowoomba campus has been transformed into a cultural hub, with renovations officially unveiled this month. As always, we’ve got the state of the art details available across our social media channels.
And now to turn our focus to a (very exciting!) Regional Research Collaboration grant…
- Our researchers are set to lead a Sustainable Industry Manufacturing Planning for Long-term Ecosystems (SIMPLE) Hub, focused on developing new products and processes to support regional manufacturing priorities such as waste recycling/upcycling.
The beef between cattle and climate change.
- Climate scientist Dr Christa Pudmenzky’s regular segment for News Corp was featured in all of Queensland’s newspapers and online outlets.
Oh, one more thing.
- We are the only university in Australia to be part of three Trailblazer Universities projects under the Australian Government's $362 million initiative. More about the projects and how we are leading the national research agenda via UniSQ News.
- Believe it or not, next week is shaping up to be just as exciting! Stay tuned for more announcements and inspiring student and research stories.
Perhaps the biggest (news) week, ever.