Learning Advisors assist students and academic staff to help students develop learning skills, such as unpacking assessment tasks and questions, goal setting, time management, self-regulated learning, communication skills, teamwork skills, academic integrity, mathematics and statistics, and general learning and study strategies e.g. preparing for and taking exams, learning from lectures.
Learning Advisors have developed an Academic Numeracies Framework. This Framework is designed to assist the Learning Advisors and academic staff to develop the students' numeracies and their confidence and competence to use mathematics at university level.
Learning Advisors can help you with:
- student peer support in your courses
- individual or group student consultations
- study skills workshops embedded in your courses
- online writing and mathematics support and resources
- targeted co-curricular interventions, embedded in courses/curriculum.
The Learning Advisor (Higher Degree Research) is available to assist higher degree research students develop their academic skills.