Getting motivated to study isn't always easy. Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) offer a way for you to connect with other students regardless of whether you choose to study on-campus, or if you're hundreds of kilometres away from our Toowoomba, Springfield or Ipswich campuses.
With the help of our PASS leaders' innovative activities, you'll be thinking differently, sharing ideas, and learning new ways to get the most out of your course. PASS leaders are students, just like you, and are here to guide you along the way.
PASS sessions are informal, social and productive small group study sessions that are facilitated by current students who have previously completed the courses. PASS sessions commence in week two and run all semester. Each session runs for one hour.
Leaders promote their sessions as “guaranteed study time” because by attending, you have an opportunity to meet with classmates outside of class to review the course material in a fun and collaborative way. It helps you feel connected to the university and takes away some of the isolation of studying alone.
Participating in PASS helps you:
- Overcome procrastination
- Feel less isolated during your studies
- Connect with other students in your course
- Learn not just ‘what to learn’ but ‘how to learn'
- Save time with smarter study methods
- Receive guidance and support from someone who has been in your shoes before.
“I like the ability to gain more knowledge through general chat and discussion. It also helps hearing the course information in another person’s words. It makes you think harder and put more concepts together.”
“As an online student, it was a way for me to be able to connect with my peers in a more comfortable setting and learning from a past student gave some valuable insights into the course content I would not have gotten elsewhere.”
“As an external student returning to study after 10+ years away from a traditional university environment, PASS is the closest thing to replicating study groups and meeting up with friends to share and problem solve together about course content…”
Prepare for PASS in the same way you’d prepare to study in your own time.
- Open your course StudyDesk, lecture notes and have your textbook nearby
- Bring your own personal notes you have taken during the week
Joining PASS is easy and there’s no need to register beforehand, just come along!
- Check which courses have PASS by downloading the PASS course list
- You can view the session times and join the sessions (if online) via the banner in the PASS forum on your course StudyDesk
- Enjoy the session!
Become a PASS Leader
1800 007 252 or + 61 7 4631 2285 (iconnect)