UniSQ Student Forum
The UniSQ Student Forum is formed from a pool of democratically elected student representatives from various University committees, including members of the three Student Representative Committees (Toowoomba and Online, Springfield and Ipswich), and the USQ Student Guild Council. The UniSQ Student Forum meets three times per year to review student needs and priorities and to discuss how the Student Services and Amenities Fee is spent.
Have a say in how the fee is spent
As a student you are welcome to submit a Student Services and Amenities Fee funding proposal to put forward your thoughts on student service and amenity priorities. For further information on this process please check out the FAQ on AskUniSQ.
Your feedback on the Student Services and Amenities Fee funding priorities and themes is always welcome. Let us know by emailing the SA Fee team.
You can also nominate (during set nomination periods) to become a Student Representative on the Student Representative Committee (SRC), Academic and Governance Student Representatives (ASR) or USQ Student Guild Council. Elected student representatives receive an invitation to attend each Student Forum.
Student Services and Amenities Fee funded priorities are allocated funding on an annual basis for a 12 month period commencing 1 February to 31 January. At the third and final annual meeting of the UniSQ Student Forum, members review the annual SA Fee funding proposal submissions. Proposals are reviewed against the National Access to Services Benchmarks and the UniSQ Student Forum applies a priority to the proposals. There is no guarantee that all proposals will progress.
If a funding proposal is recommended and prioritised by the UniSQ Student Forum:
- You may be contacted to provide additional information
- The University will assess the feasibility of the proposal and provide further advice to Forum members
The USQ Student Forum will meet three times a year for a duration of two hours. Please note that this forum is for invited USQ staff and USQ Student Representatives only.
|2022 meeting dates||Forum location||Venue|
The USQ Student Forum will be governed by the students for the students, and has been established in accordance with the National Student Representation Protocols.
Administrative support will be provided by the Student Experience Coordinator, email email@example.com.
The USQ Student Forum will report to the Student Amenities Fee Projects Board (SA Fee Projects Board).
Underlying Principles for the Administration of the SA Fee
USQ Student Forum Principles:
- prioritising proposals that are for the benefit of the collective student population
- consideration of the demographics, location and mode proportions of the USQ student body
- consideration of Commonwealth National Student Representation Protocols (how USQ consults with students)
- consideration of Commonwealth National Services Benchmarks (guidelines on how the SA Fee money can be spent).
- the provision of a range of services that are collectively of value to the whole student population, whilst acknowledging that individually their value will vary for different cohorts within USQ's highly diverse student population
- commitment to enabling opportunities for all students to provide input on the services facilitated by the SA Fee. This is in conjunction with the required formal student consultation
- ensuring that the implementation of the SA Fee and the provision of the student services and amenities are effectively and efficiently deployed with respect to USQ's processes, systems and human resources, and align with USQ's strategic directions
- charging the SA Fee from Semester 2, 2012
- annually indexed rate per course, which can be deferred via SA Fee HELP.