Our short-term programs are usually two to six weeks long and can broaden your academic experience, allowing you to develop a global perspective by experiencing different languages and cultures, and enhance your critical employability skills for a global future.
With our short-term experiences, you can gain credit towards your degree. Your experience can either be part of a specific UniSQ course, a faculty-led program where students travel as a group with a lecturer or be a stand-alone program that contributes as an elective credit.
Check if you are eligible
To be eligible for short term programs you must:
- have completed at least one year of full-time academic study (i.e., completed at least eight courses)
- have at least one course left to complete upon your return to UniSQ
- be in good academic standing: A GPA of 4.0 or above (please note: some partner universities may require a higher GPA for admission to their program)
We believe that a mobility experience is for everyone and should be an opportunity for all. A short-term virtual program allows you to participate in a mobility experience without having to leave Australia. These experiences can include Summer or Winter schools, or for-credit courses delivered virtually through one of our partner institutions.
Benefits of Virtual Programs:
- Grants are available for approved programs
- Gain knowledge from interactions and engagement with global companies and organisations
- Enhance your employability skill set to prepare for graduate job opportunities
- Receive credits towards your studies (approval required)
- No travel costs.
There are several ways to help make your dream overseas experience a reality. To be eligible for any financial support, you must be eligible to receive academic credit towards your studies at UniSQ.
- New Colombo Plan (NCP) Mobility Grant: Some programs for countries in the Indo-Pacific will have NCP grants available, these will be clearly marked on each program page.
- OS-HELP Loan: The OS-HELP loan provides financial assistance to eligible Australian students wishing to study overseas while receiving credit towards their degree.
- UniSQ International Study Abroad Grant: Some UniSQ grants are available, these will be outlined for each overseas opportunity on the program page.
All funding is subject to eligibility and availability.
Short term program costs
Check each individual program to understand the costs, inclusions and exclusions.
Once you have selected the program and checked the eligibility, you will need to:
- Access the detailed course outlines/synopses for your chosen program. These will be usually available on the host institution website.
- Send the course outlines and information about the overseas program to your faculty at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your faculty will be able to advise you if there is space in your degree and if approval can be granted for credit towards your UniSQ program.
- Submit your application form:
- Complete the Outbound Mobility Program Application Form if you are applying to travel overseas for an in-country program.
- Please complete the Virtual Mobility Program Application Form if you are applying for a virtual/online overseas program.
Make sure to check the dates for each program carefully. Some programs are named 'Summer' or 'Winter'. If the host university is in the Northern Hemisphere, these will be the opposite of the Australian Summer or Winter.
These programs may also overlap with the UniSQ semester dates or exam blocks. UniSQ exams cannot be moved to accommodate an overseas program.
Application deadlines for each program may vary each year. Make sure to check the deadlines for individual programs to allow yourself enough time to apply.
The Mobility Team