|Short Description:||Learning Integrated Work|
|Faculty or Section :||Faculty of Business, Education, Law and Arts|
|School or Department :||Faculty of Business, Education, Law and Arts|
|Student contribution band :||Band 4|
|ASCED code :||129999 - Mixed Field Programmes not els|
|Grading basis :||Graded|
Pre-requisite: Students must have successfully completed a minimum 16 units in their program of study.
ADCJ students are exempt from the 16 unit pre-requisite, but must have successfully completed CRI1111 and EMP2030 to undertake this course.
- PWE3001 is not available to international students regardless of location or mode of study as it is an elective course. Australian regulations do not allow an elective work-based training course that is not a mandatory program requirement to be offered to international students.
- This course cannot be completed overseas. The professional or industry placement must be undertaken in Australia.
- All students are to have secured professional or industry employment with an organisation or practice (‘employer’) in the area of their major study.
- For students who have not secured paid professional or industry employment in the area of their major study, it is recommended that students consider enrolment in PWE3000 – Professional Work Experience.
- Students must obtain written permission from their employer confirming that their proposed employment activities are related to the area of their major study.
- In association with the employer, all students must complete the Pre-Place online program located on the StudyDesk. Pre-Place is an online program designed to provide assistance to students prior commencing their PWE3001 placement. It provides pertinent information about USQ's policy and procedures including OH&S and utilising professional skills within the workplace.
- All students must complete In-Place, the placement software system that USQ uses to manage the majority of its professional experience placements. This incorporates the student’s Work Experience Proposal Form online and forms Assessment 1.
- Finalisation of placement in the course is dependent on approval of the student’s proposal by the Course Examiner.
- Failure to submit the student proposal and obtain final approval from the Course Examiner by the census date, will result in automatically being dropped from the course without penalties.
- Students are required to have access to a personal computer, e-mail (student) capabilities and internet access to UConnect. Current details of computer requirements can be found at: www.usq.edu.au/current-students/support/computing/hardware.
- The Learning Integrated Work Manual located on the StudyDesk provides additional information in relation to the course.
- There is no recognition for prior learning for this course. Students who enrol in this course cannot request an exemption based on the grounds of prior or current professional or industry experience.
Students who are currently working within their major area of study undertake projects in the course of their employment and within the context of the student's area of study. Students will reflect on their own work practices and those of their employer, and will receive feedback from their employer and academics who supervise the assessment of these projects. Students therefore strengthen their discipline-specific learning and specialise within their current employment, and gain a critical understanding of the role of reflection on learning and self-evaluation.