|Semester 2, 2022 Toowoomba On-campus|
|Faculty or Section :||Faculty of Business, Education, Law and Arts|
|School or Department :||School of Creative Arts|
|Student contribution band :||2021 Grandfather Funding Cl 2|
|Grading basis :||Graded|
|Version produced :||2 July 2022|
Examiner: David Burton
Pre-requisite: THE3011 and Students must be enrolled in one of the following Programs: BCRA or BCAR
Graduand students need to demonstrate their work and professional qualities in a showcase production that presents to the professional industry and which has been achieved utilizing industry standard processes and time-frames.
This practice-led course engages in the rehearsing and performance of public outcomes chosen from the contemporary world repertoire. The plays are presented as a MainStage production for public audiences, both stage and screen.
Course learning outcomes
On successful completion of this course students should be able to:
- effectively communicate their performance to a diverse audience (TLO 3);
- work at an industry-entry level professional standard on processes, theories, technical skills and sensibilities relevant to their field of practice (TLO 1);
- initiate their own learning, professional practice and collaboration with others within a professional framework (TLO 5);
- be critically self-aware, and to be able to apply that critical capacity to the work of others (TLO 6);
- employ their capacity for critical thinking and judgement to solve creative problems related to professional processes and practice (TLO 2);
- adapt their ‘voice’ to different types of audience they may encounter (TLO 4).
|1.||Professional rehearsal methodologies and techniques||40.00|
|3.||Professional practice and conduct||15.00|
|4.||Devising and delivering workshops||15.00|
Text and materials required to be purchased or accessed
Student workload expectations
To do well in this subject, students are expected to commit approximately 10 hours per week including class contact hours, independent study, and all assessment tasks. If you are undertaking additional activities, which may include placements and residential schools, the weekly workload hours may vary.
|Weighting (%)||Course learning outcomes|