An alumni chapter is a group of former UniSQ students who share a common interest and have decided to formalise their interactions with each other and UniSQ. Chapters may be organised as:
- regional groups (country, city, region or campus)
- educational areas (school or discipline area)
- residential college
- professional or industry area
- special interest groups.
The focus of an individual chapter can vary, but may include:
- networking and building social, professional and business relations with other UniSQ alumni
- keeping in contact with friends from the University
- creating a support network in regional or isolated areas
- having regular social gatherings
- providing support to current UniSQ students in the area
- raising funds for a scholarship nominated by the chapter
- assisting UniSQ in achieving its objectives.
Alumni chapters are organised and operated in a formal way, with a committee selected from among its members. There are also alumni groups, which are more informal than chapters.
All chapters operate through their own committees and within the guidelines of the UniSQ Alumni Network. Chapter committees are responsible for recruiting members and organising events and activities dependent on the interests of their members. The Alumni Office approves the establishment of individual chapters as well as provides support to set up and continue operations of chapters.
Join or start a chapter
If there is not already a UniSQalumni chapter in your region or area of interest, you may like to start a new chapter. Please refer to the Alumni Chapter Handbook (PDF 1633KB) for details about establishing a chapter.